SUPPRESSION – tactical action, in which the fighter uses his supremacy in any side of his preparation: physical, technical, tactical or mental.
DECEPTION – tactical action, which purpose is to bring the opponent in deception for fighter’s real intentions. The combat athlete can hide:
– Physical abilities: strength, speed, endurance, agility, flexibility;
– Mental abilities: bravery, determination, perseverance;
– Tactical abilities: his game-plan, favorite technique
Variations of DECEPTION are:
– The FAINT (hiding the counter attack);
– And COMBINATIONS (hiding a technique)
FOOTWORK – tactical action, in which by moving to come to suitable starting position for attack or controlling position. FOOTWORK is also used for defense.
1. N.M. Galkovkov & A. Z. Katulin “Sport Wrestling. Textbook for Physical Culture Institutes.” – 1968
2. Chumakov E.M. “100 Lessons Of Sambo” 1971